Re: [aspectj-users] Why need AspectJ all libraries of my .jar I want to instrument

This thread tripped something in my memory: an alternate way to do what Ron suggests, but without the trial and error. So I put the question to the Tucson JUG:

I rememeber a discussion on this list about tools for JAR slimming:
ditching all the classes in a JAR than can be proved by static analysis to be unused by your code. Does anyone else remember this and can they tell me
what the tools were that accomplished this feat?

Ant's own <classfileset> can do this using BCEL:

	<http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTypes/classfileset.html>

And so does GenJar:

	<http://genjar.sourceforge.net/>

(Credit for the answer goes to Erik Hatcher, Ant guru). Hope those help for future problems of this nature.

Cheers,
nick