Re: [aspectj-users] declare warning

Yes, exactly that
i want the know from a certain set of entry points which points are impossible
to reach (ignoring all controll flow statements).

But ofcourse this means that a complete graph must be drawn eating lot of
memory and cpu power just for a side effect feature.

At the otherside a static cflow would also mean that some real compile policies
could be implemented.

example:
no awt in ejb (e.g: subclasses of Component) includes indirect calls to
awt which can only be done by means of cflow.

could == !impossible

But there is a point that aspectj which tree under a unkown method (not
controlled by aspectj).
Greetz,
Philip
PS: i'm just intutively trying all features of aspectj.

>-- Origineel Bericht --
>From: Jeffrey Palm <jpalm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:40:34 -0500
>Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] declare warning
>

>Eyðun Nielsen wrote:
> The problem isn't so much in ajdt or aspectj, but in what you are trying

> to do:
>
> "...i'm trying to give a warning for each joinpoint that isn't in the

> flow hierachy of my main method...."
>
> This is an UNSOLVAB
>E PROBLEM - so no matter how, or with what
> tool/language, you try - it still can't be done.

It's certainly undecidable whether a certain joinpoint in a program will

be reached.  But, one could definitely compute places in the program
that ar
> unreachable.  The latter seems to be what Philip is after.
But, please, correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong.

Jeff

Jeffrey Palm --> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jpalm