Re: [aspectj-users] Aspect Patterns resources

"Jeff" == Jeff Dalton <daltonj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

	Jeff> I was wondering you could recommend some good papers,
	Jeff> presentations, or other resources for Aspect Design patterns.

You might be interested in some of the papers that were presented at the ACP4IS
workshop in 2002 and 2003, especially:

	Stefan Hanenberg and Arno Schmidmeier.
	``Idioms for Building Software Frameworks in AspectJ''
	<http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/ycoady/acp4is03/papers.html>

	Stefan Hanenberg and Pascal Costanza.
	``Connecting Aspects in AspectJ: Strategies vs. Patterns''
	<http://www.st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/staff/Ostermann/aosd2002/ACP4IS.pdf>

Of course there is also Jan Hannemann's OOSPLA 2002 paper about implementing
various design patterns with AspectJ.  This is mainly patterns "using" aspects
rather than patterns "of" aspects, but is probably still relevant to your talk.

	Jan Hannemann and Gregor Kiczales.
	``Design Pattern Implementation in Java and AspectJ.''
	Proceedings of the 17th Annual ACM conference on Object-Oriented
	Programming,Systems, Languages, and Applications (OOPSLA), pages
	161-173, November 2002.
	<http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~jan/papers/oopsla2002/oopsla2002.html>

Good luck with your presentation!

	Jeff> I will most regrettably be unable to attend AOSD 2004, but will
	Jeff> be there in spirit.  I would love to attend the "good aop"
	Jeff> tutorial mentioned.

I hope that you are making plans to attend AOSD 2005 in Chicago :-)!

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@xxxxxxxxxxx>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX

Back to the top