Re: [aspectj-users] declare warning and if/etc now fixed.

Hi Philip,

Bug 51320 is for the ClassCastException you mention and I've just checked
in the fix.  Following the discussion on the dev list - the fix means
that any use of this/target/args/if/cflow/cflowbelow in a deow
statement will produce a compile time error.

This is as per the AspectJ docs (see end of this html page):

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/progguide/semantics-declare.html#d0e6499

Andy.

---
Andy Clement
AspectJ/AJDT Development.

Philip <philipvanbogaert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

24/02/2004 22:00

Please respond to
aspectj-users

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [aspectj-users] declare warning

I'm still convinsed that cflow could be implemented staticly but that doesn't
mean that it should. Neither way it should generate a compiler error.

a bug ?

following fragment causes a ClassCastException aspectj compiler
declare warning:if(true):"Pigs can fly";

So i suspect that the static keywords aren't checked in the compiler of ajdt
plugin (i've heared somewhere that it uses a beta version of aspectj)
eclipse: 2.1.2
ui: 0.6.4
tools: 1.1.4

Greetz,