Re: [aspectj-users] Documentation on thisJoinPoint

Daniel McAllansmith wrote:

> Forgive me if I'm overlooking it... but where is the definitive documentation
> on what is accessible through the reflection mechanisms?

The best language reference is the semantics appendix to the programming guide. It says:

-----
Reflective access to the join point

Three special variables are visible within bodies of advice: thisJoinPoint, thisJoinPointStaticPart, and thisEnclosingJoinPointStaticPart. Each is bound to an object that encapsulates some of the context of the advice's current or enclosing join point. [...]
-----

See the runtime API javadoc for JoinPoint and JoinPoint.StaticPart.

Wes

Back to the top