Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT Dev build available: 1.1.6

Andrew Clement wrote:
Hi,

With the recent interest in getting the latest AspectJ fixes available in AJDT- and the fact that the future version of AJDT (Codename: Lancaster) will only probably only run on Eclipse 3.0M6 and beyond, we have decided to build and package a new version of AJDT for Eclipse users working on any level of Eclipse up to 3.0M4. We would like to do more testing and tidying up before promoting this as a full production capable build - but hopefully some of you will find it useful.

I'm curious what the big change is between 3.0M4 and 3.0M5+. If it's a long technical answer, then nevermind, that's fine.

2) Building behaves much better. There were numerous bugs in how we handled building of projects. Although we don't have fully correct incremental compilation in this version, the 'build on save' option works really nicely - *the build that is triggered on save will occur using the currently selected .lst file*. By default when you save any aspect or class in your AJDT project, we will perform a build, the structure view will be updated correctly and crosscutting annotations will immediately appear (if the file you have saved is covered by your currently active build configuration). If you want to deactivate this option, open the Window->Preferences->Workbench page and deselect 'perform build automatically on resource modification'.

Thanks a lot for getting this in. I was the one who originally complained enough for you to add it :)

-- Chad

Back to the top