[aspectj-users] Re: A switch oddity

>So it's a bug either way.  We should implement it if we can
>for top-level subtypes, or the compiler should signal an
>error and we should document the limitation.

You seem to have found a different problem with interfaces that is a bug
however there is still the issue of the behaviour of ITD final static
fields. They cannot actually be final so cannot be used in "switch()" so I
believe they shouldn't be allowed. I'm sure there are alternative i.e.
final static in the aspect itself.

There is also the other problem I mentioned of not being able to set an ITD
final in an ITD constructor. They also have implicit initializers unlike
Java final field. This is perhaps a different bug.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top