Re: [aspectj-users] struts

Perhaps, but it is one of those subjects that a little is not enough and
a little more is too much.

Security is one thing I have found AJ to be specifically good at.  You
could write security into every 'Action' class and many do, and/or write
it into every JSP page and many do.  With AspectJ I can look at every
Action class and they all have an execute method and I can write a
single aspect that crosscuts every action and does a security check and
if the security check fails I can return from my action a forward to a
login page or other security action.  Then later if I change security
from Tomcat realms to LDAP to BEA, I don't have to modify any of my
actions, just recompile with a different aspect.

So, Nicolai, is this too little or too much?

Ollie