[aspectj-users] UML for AspectJ

Hi everyone,

I've talked to a couple of people about this because this is one area where my company is keen to see proof that aspects can indeed be modeled.

One of the suggested mechanisms is to look carefully at Use Cases, in particular towards their realizations. Admittedly the logical model calls for some new stereotypes and a perspective change on the developers part but in effect aspects can be modeled as forms of classes within this context. It's at the Use Case realization level that the distinction can be made between a cross-cutting approach or a more traditional OO solution. Admittedly I haven't found anything formal to this effect but this is what has seemed to work reasonably well for me.

Does anyone else out there have anything more formal? I do use the AJDT browser too but that is not much use when you are in the early days of design development and no actual code is in existence so UML still seems to fit the bill at that point.

Just my two pence :)

Russ Miles