[aspectj-users] aspectJ + tomcat5

Title: Message
Hi!

I am trying to have aspectJ working with tomcat5 in order to use an aspect in a bean used in a JSP.

I have carefully followed the instructions at:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/sample-code.html#j2ee-tomcat4-jsp

but when accessing the jsp, I am having the following error in tomcat's 5 log:

INFO: Server startup in 12619 ms
(compiler.Compiler                   394 ) Javac exception
require destDir for getting tag file directory
        at org.aspectj.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ajc11CompilerAdapter.getDestDir(Ajc11CompilerAdapter.java:110)
        at org.aspectj.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ajc11CompilerAdapter.getTagFile(Ajc11CompilerAdapter.java:116)
        at org.aspectj.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ajc11CompilerAdapter.doneRecursing(Ajc11CompilerAdapter.java:157)
        at org.aspectj.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ajc11CompilerAdapter.execute(Ajc11CompilerAdapter.java:86)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:842)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:682)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:390)        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:458)

So how do you set up this destDir?

For some personal reasons, I would like to avoid to precompile the web application and would therefore like to stick with 'traditional' ie non compiled site.

Versions:

tomcat5.016
aspectJ1.1.1
java -version
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2-b28)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-b28, mixed mode)

Thanks!

Patrick

Back to the top