Re: [aspectj-users] out of memory during compilation in eclipse

Title: Re: [aspectj-users] out of memory during compilation in eclipse
I believe that the default max heap size for Java is low (<128m) so by specifying –Xmx512MB, you were actually increasing the heap size. I may, however, be misinterpreting your message.

Nick

On 1/21/04 8:47 AM, "Dale Asberry" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FYI, I have found in general that specifying "-vmargs -Xmx512MB -Xms256MB" has improved overall Eclipse compile and application performance, as well as, has eliminated a number of other strange problems/crashes within both Eclipse and WSAD 5.  For those using WSAD running under the 1.4(1.3 too?) JDK, adding the "-server" option seems to also slightly improve performance.  The machine I was using had 1GB ram, so it wasn't having problems due to a lack of overall memory -- anyone have any ideas why limiting the heap and stack might have helped?