[aspectj-users] RE: out of memory during compilation

To get Eclipse more responsive, you might want to change the GC to the
low-stop concurrent GC:

  -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

For a faster start up, an increase of the initial PermSize is helpful
(avoiding unnecessary time consuming full GCs):

  -XX:PermSize=32m

HTH,

- Thomas

> To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] out of memory during compilation
> in eclipse
> From: Adrian Colyer <adrian_colyer@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:13:17 +0000
>
> You need to add some startup arguments to the eclipse invocation (if
> you're on windows, the easiest way to do this is create a shortcut to
> eclipse.exe and then edit its properties).  I use e.g.
>
> xxx\eclipse-SDK-3.0M6-win32\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data <path to my
> workspace dir>  -vmargs -Xmx512M
>
> BTW, we're also hoping to reduce the memory requirements of
> AspectJ / AJDT
> in the next releases, but it will still always be the case
> that an AspectJ
> compile involving weaving needs more memory than a plain Java compile.
>
> -- Adrian
> Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx
>

> Federico Spinazzi <f.spinazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 19/01/2004 10:50
> Please respond to aspectj-users
>
>         To:     aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
>         cc:
>         Subject:        [aspectj-users] out of memory during
> compilation
> in eclipse
>

> Hy,
> I'm experiencing an out of memory error during the compilation of an
> aspectJ project in Eclipse.
> Does anybody know me how I can configure the compiler
> settings in Eclipse?
> Hope this is not an off-topic.
> Thank you very much.
> Federico