Re: [aspectj-users] IDE support in IBM WAS and JBuilder for AspectJ

Hi Nikhil,

For me, the only crucial factor is *not* to run the EJB deployment code generation action inside the WSAD. In other words, don't attempt to pre-deploy your beans. Keep the deployment code generation step until the bean is actually deployed to the app server and everything seems to work fine.

With this in mind it is possible to build an EAR file containing an aspect-enabled EJB, deploy it to WebSphere and then successfully run it. I did a little bit of experimentation on where to locate the aspectjrt.jar and found that scenarios (a) placing it in the appserver's "lib" directory along with the other "global" WebSphere and J2EE jars and (b) packaging it in the built EAR file, both worked fine.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help out with on this topic.

Best regards,
George
George C. Harley

Nikhil Kumar <nikhilkumar_99@xxxxxxxxx>