Re: [aspectj-users] Problems with iajc Ant task and SCCS source control

Hi -

Good point.

The "default excludes" you're talking about are these?:

  http://ant.apache.org/manual-1.6beta/dirtasks.html

Does your call to iajc use -sourceroots or just the
regulars src dir with includes/excludes?  In the latter case,
the workaround is to add the default excludes explicitly.
For -sourceroots, you'd have to go back to using a file
list (which means no incremental mode).  (If you were
using the javac task with a build.compiler setting,
javac would manage the file list.)

As for the plan, please submit a bug to the Ant component at

   https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AspectJ

and track the response there, once it's clear what's happening.
In case you want to explore or patch your own implementation,
the files are gathered at AjcTask.java:1360 (addListArgs()),
where it doesn't appear that any excludes are implemented.

Thanks for letting us know -
Wes

Andy Bryant wrote:

Our company uses Bitkeeper for source control which results in SCCS directories in the source path.

It seems the iajc does not use the standard ignore list for its filesets (which includes **/SCCS/) and therefore we cannot compile our source as is.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Is there a plan to support the standard ignore list in future?

Regards,
Andy Bryant