[aspectj-users] record/replay with AspectJ

I think AOP (AspectJ) could be a perfect tool for writing a framework to record and replay the execution of a Java application. I was thinking of serializing al the arguments for every method call (in some scope) etc to XML (I should also keep track of which method was called), and then replaying it by parsing the XML stream, and using Java reflection.

Does this seam realistic? Has any work been done on this topic?

many thanks in advance,
Jan Van Besien

Back to the top