[aspectj-users] Weaving bytecode

Hej

I am trying to add aspects to classes that I do not have the source code for. I can see in the eclipse browser that my own classes are affected by my aspectj code. It does also work ok when executing the application. But to affect other code also I tried to use the possibility to weave byte code in jar-files directly.
To try it I took the java.io.File class and  put it in a jar file of its own. Then I added it to eclipse ( I use the ajdt add-in).In the directory were class files are generated I found the directory structure java/io and in that directory the file File.class. Seems ok so far, but then wheen executing nothing happens. Neither do the eclipse aspectj browser show any aspects for that class-file.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Anders Persson

Back to the top