RE: [aspectj-users] Aspect Weaver

I've had the same experience; neither Jad nor JReverse Pro seems to do a good job of decompiling exceptions (in my case it is after throwing and declare soft that confuse them). Most of the other decompilers are ancient (Mocha) or based on Jad.... Jad crashes on some AJ-compiled code. I've had to resort to disassembling (with javap) for analyzing some subtle problems.

JReverse Pro is open source, so it seems like it would be feasible for the AspectJ community to contribute to the project to make it a better decompiler for AJ compiled code.

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Security
m: (415) 509-2895