RE: [aspectj-users] aspectj Rational Rose extension

Regarding Rose, modeling, and WSAD, here is where the tool support is at:

* VisualAge for Java will not be supported.  It's extensibility API was not
sufficient for adding AspectJ support.  We do support VAJ's successor:
Eclipse.

* WSAD 4 and later are based on Eclipse, and is supported.

* Rose will not be supported, but its Eclipse-based successor, XDE, can work
alongside AspectJ.

However, we have not implemented any modeling or code generation.  So to
answer your original inquiry, that would be a useful contribution.  All the
structure modeling information that you need should be there in the current
APIs.  If you're interested email aspectj-dev and I'll let you know more
about using those.  But note that Rose/UML style modeling notations for
aspects are from obvious.  However, there could be some nice low-hanging
fruit on the code-generation side of things, e.g. extending XDE to create
and codegen AspectJ design patterns.

Mik