Re: [aspectj-users] Can ajc compile just the files that have changed

Use the -incremental flag.  Ajc maintains the dependency
information in memory.  This is doc'd in the ajc help
message, the dev guide section on ajc, and the README-11.

We use the FAQ only for questions that aren't addressed
in the documentation or that were in fact frequently asked.
The FAQ is not really intended as an introductory guide.
The doc index page is a better place to start:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/index.html

Wes

Ext-Mike.Hogan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I am new to AspectJ. I was surprised to see that ajc recompiles everything each time its called. I can see that it might have to do this when an advice is changed, but I don't see why it needs to do this when a java class is changed. I could not find this in the compilation section of the FAQ, yet I expect it is a FAQ. Can somebody please enlighten me?

Thanks,
Mike.