Re: [aspectj-users] ajc vs. javac - commercial application - convincing the boss

Hi Peter,

> By the way, part of their anxiety comes from the fact that Eclipse
> (with 256M) runs out of memory and crashes after 2 compiles, since
> memory used compiling is never reclaimed. Memory Monitor plugin did
> not help.  My managers find this less than confidence inspiring. A fix
> for this problem would be much more valuable to me than the fancy new
> Outline View. :-)

As Ron just said, there is a way to compile without building the
'fancy new outline view' :)  I'd be grateful if you could try it
and see if it makes a difference for you (Under
ProjectProperties->AspectJ).  We did a lot for AJDT 1.1.4
investigating performance and memory usage - however the projects we
tested were rather contrived.  I don't know how willing you would
be to share your code with the small AJDT development team, but we
would like to investigate the memory usage on *real* applications
that are having problems?

Or, at least, could you share some description of your project?
- Number of files, number of aspects, crosscutting nature of the
  aspects (highly pervasive?)

regards,
Andy Clement
- AJDT Developer