Re: [aspectj-users] CNET News.com Article on AOP

Indeed, the JBoss crew view aspect-oriented programming as a means of implementing attribute-oriented programming, and that perspective is clear in the article. And therefore it's also the emphasis of their message, namely fighting C#. This is probably an attempt to pull together with the rest of the Java world, by focusing on a common enemy in Microsoft.

However, the article does discuss defining rules and enforcing policies for the entire system, which isn't something that attribute-oriented can do (at least not completely). Given the audience is non-programmers, I think the description is reasonable.

Overall, having AOP hit the radar screen like this is helpful, even though I'd like to see the title be "Growth in AOP for Enterprise Java." Feel free to encourage Marc Fleury to change his message ...

Ron

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Security