RE: [aspectj-users] Iajc - outjar option

Hi,

I have managed to introduce aspects into a properitary product server
for the purpose of tracing ( not your typical hello world tracing but
much more powerful based around components, classifications and trace
annotators, ;-) ).

The current product management are experimenting with this new feature
and have built-in support into their custom classloader to load a
particular named jar before other jars. There is also support for
patches/hotfixes. By dropping in the <trace aspects> the onsite
technical support team can restart the server for detailed diagnosis of
production issues. Similiarly they can remove the jar and disable
tracing.

The problem I have is that I want to limit the classes placed in iajc
jar so as

- not to break any possible future patches, unless of course the classes
are the traced components
- to have an image of those classes affected by the weaving which is
useful when determine patching issues
- to ease the (unfounded) worries of others with regard to the large
iajc jar file being generated

I thought it would be easy to have done that's why I asked instead of
writing an ant task to perform the diff for me. I will have a look at
the source code and possibly make an additional option available via the
command line and ant task def.

Regards,

William