[aspectj-users] jar file size after aspecting

Hi,
I have a simple question (more of a common sense Q). I am trying to weave a jar file with aspect. What would be the size of the output jar file after aspecting? I believe it must be bigger than the original jar file.

I am getting some errors during weaving in some classes. Sample error message -
can't find type com.ibm.xml.parser.DTD.

Assuming, weaving of a class failed, will it be written to the output jar as-is (without aspecting) or the class is omitted from the output jar?

What I have observed is that the class is omitted from the output jar. Is this a bug / expected behaviour?

PS: I am using injars and outjar options.

Interact with peers. Learn from experts. http://server1.msn.co.in/sp03/teched/index.asp Be tech-empowered!

Back to the top