[aspectj-users] execution pointcut questions

I'm trying to set a pointcut like the following

pointcut exceptionThrowers() : execution(public * my.pkg..*.*(..) throws Exception+);

and I've found that the throws Exception+ part of the pointcut doesn't work as I expect.  What I find is that my pointcuts only pick out methods that throw java.lang.Exception, and not any derived exception.  Am I abusing the pointcut syntax, or is there another pointcut type that I should use to do this?

Second, while using Eclipse to inspect the 'methods advised' per advice is nifty, is there a command-line version of this in ajc?

thanks,
---
Keith Sader
Nash Resources Group sub-contracting for Computer Sciences Corporation
IAD:TFAS
Tel: 816.926.3742
Email:keith.d.sader@xxxxxxxx
We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster.

Back to the top