[aspectj-users] pointcut help

I'm trying to join on different part of my code.  Some methods throw exceptions, and some don't.  I'd like to advise each type of method differently.  I have the following pointcuts:

pointcut exceptionThrowers() : execution(public * my.package..*.*(..) throws Exception+ );
Object around() throws Exception : exceptionThrowers()
{
// Waves hands...
}

pointcut nonExceptionThrowers() : execution(public * my.package..*.*(..)) && !exceptionThrowers();
Object around() : nonExceptionThrowers()
{
// Wave hands...
}

When I run the code, the only advice ran is the around() : nonExceptionThrowers().  What do I need to do to advise exception throwing and non-exception throwing code differently?  Is my nonException pointcut hiding the exceptionThrowing pointcut?

thanks,
---
Keith Sader
Nash Resources Group sub-contracting for Computer Sciences Corporation
IAD:TFAS
Email:keith.d.sader@xxxxxxxx
We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster.

Back to the top