Re: [aspectj-users] add aspect without source

OK.  I found out how to do this now (weaving, that is).

But I can't seem to add aspect to existing code.  Instead, it simply overwrites the existing code with what was in my aspect file.  The examples in aspectj's website is quite spares and I can't seem to find anything relevant to what I am doing.

I use the following commandline to weave:

ajc -target 1.2 -1.4 -g -preserveAllLocals -referenceInfo -time -classpath ... -injars ....jar -sourceroots ./src -d .

Am I doing something wrong?

Many Thanks,
Mike

Mike Liu wrote:
I did read through quite a bit of documentation off the aspectj's website, but I couldn't find anything useful.  Could you kindly point me to more specific links?  Thanks in advance.

Lesiecki Nicholas wrote:
The short answer is "yes". Take a look around the documentation link on the
left side of:
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/

Cheers,
Nick
--- Mike Liu <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hi,

This might be one of those newbie questions, so please bare with me...

I'd like to know if it is possible to weave aspects into existing
classfiles without the actual java source code.  In other word, can ajc
workstrictly at the bytecode level and weave new aspects (pointcuts)
intoexisting compiled classes?

Any word on this would be greatly appreciated!

-- Thanks,Mike Liu