RE: [aspectj-dev] Re: [aspectj-users] Performance facts and tips

> All that said, it seems that there is demand for text like Wes's that
> explains the performance of AspectJ. One way to do that might be to
> explain the "inherent implementation" of the various constructs and,
> critically explain how the inherent implementation of the various
> pointcuts compose.

I think that's a great idea and there is a clear need. I remember myself
that I didn't understand the semantics of C++ until I learned about the
vtable implementation. Similarly, I didn't understand the Java semantics
until reading the VM specification. I think from a didactic point of view
an operator driven document would really help clear up misconceptions.

Thanks,
Macneil

Back to the top