[aspectj-users] AspectJ in WAR files

Hi I am try to do one thing for a log time but without any success.

I am trying to write some aspects, create a war file and deploy them on Jboss.
Everyting works apart from the aspects.

I have 1 java fils: com.person.Person
1 aspect file: com.person.PersonAspect

Person class includes following methods:

public Vector addSomething(String name, String[] books)
            throws ModelException, ApplicationException
{...}

I want to catch the above method, so I wrote following in PersonAspect:
"
import  org.apache.log4j.Logger;

public aspect PersonAspect {

	static Logger logger;

pointcut doPrint(): execution(* PersonAspect.*(..) throws Exception);

before (): doPrint()
	{
		String classname = thisJoinPoint.getSignature().getDeclaringType
().getName()+".class";

		logger = Logger.getLogger(classname);
		logger.error("LOGGER == aspect b4 " + thisJoinPoint );

		System.out.println("aspect b4 a ");
}
}

However, when I call addSomething(..) no statement is printed onto the console.

I am wondering if there is something wrong woth my code or is it that JBoss
would not print the logging statements.

regards

Back to the top