[aspectj-users] can aspectj be used to capture jdk1.4 dependent code calls, running on jdk1.3?

Hi,

I'm very new to aop, but have been looking for an opportunity to get my feet
wet.  Anyway, my problem (which I was wondering whether aspectj could help
solve) is this:  We have code that was compiled with, and relies on, jdk1.4.
A particular example is that we have a class that throws a RuntimeException
using the constructor that accepts an Exception as a parameter.  However,
now we need to use this code in a 3rd party web application, which can only
run on jdk1.3.  So when this exception gets thrown, the jvm throws an
InvocationTargetException.  So, is there any way to intercept this call and
prevent the code from using that particular constructor if a jvm < 1.4 is
detected?

Simon

Back to the top