[aspectj-users] Re: [aspectj-dev] Online samples

DiFrango, Ron wrote:
> Wes,
>
> I think this is a great idea.  My questions about it are as follows:
>
> 	1) What is the process (and standards) to submit samples that can
> posted online?
> 	2) Where will these examples be posted?
> 	3) When we will start seeing these postings?

The idea is to make it as easy as possible to contribute and
to find sample code that's useful.

The initial proposal wrt process, standards, and where:

  http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-dev/msg00386.html

Adrian also made explicit that
- we'll only republish samples with author permission
- we'll acknowledge authors in the public posting
- we'll keep author names associated with the sample
  (unless they prefer otherwise).

As for when, as with releases it all depends on when the
committers get to it.  I know that I have samples to retry
with the 1.1.1 fixes.

More details as they evolve for the first posting.
(I expect that updates will be more frequent.)

You can snoop modules/docs/sandbox, but we prefer to only
talk about the samples we post.  That way, we can put
candidates in the tree for evaluation without having to
answer for their quality.  (Though not posting an example
doesn't mean it's bad...)

Thanks -

Wes

Thanks,