[aspectj-users] execution pointcut syntax questions

I'm trying to declare a joinpoint on execution, but I fail to have my aspect executed when I give a specific package or specific class.

Example - I have a class com.foo.bar.baz.bash.AspectedClass derived from com.foo.Parent

pointcut myCalls() : execution(* *.*(..));
// This works and my advice gets executed.

pointcut myCalls() : execution(* com.foo.bar.baz..*.*(..));
// This also works and my advice gets executed.

pointcut myCalls() : execution(* com.foo.bar.baz.bash.*.*(..));
// I expect all classes in com.foo.bar.baz.bash to be advised(terminology?), but it seems as if none of them are.
// Especially the AspectedClass which is the one I'm really going after.

pointcut myCalls() : execution(* com.foo.bar.baz.bash.AspectedClass.*(..));
// I expect that AspectedClass will be advised, but it is not.

pointcut myCalls() : execution(* com.foo.Parent+.*(..));
// This pointcut doesn't seem to advise correctly either.

Is there something about execution joinpoint syntax that I'm missing?  I've RTFM and I don't see where my joinpoint syntax is lacking.

thanks,
---
Keith Sader
Nash Resources Group sub-contracting for Computer Sciences Corporation
IAD:TFAS
Email:keith.d.sader@xxxxxxxx
We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster.

Back to the top