From: Ron Bodkin [mailto:rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:27 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] Eclipse AJDT - stepping into advice code

Unfortunately, there are a number of areas in which the Eclipse JDT is still hard wired to recognize .java files. For this reason, I recommend using a .java extension for your AspectJ code, to get better tools support from AJDT. Try segmenting your AspectJ-specific code into a separate source tree. It's a known issue with AJDT and the team is planning to fix it over time.

Mark, I'm also curious if you're doing ant builds inside Eclipse instead of using the AspectJ builder, and if so why?

Ron

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Security