Re: [aspectj-users] Eclipse AJDT - stepping into advice code

Hi -

Volkmann, Mark wrote:

When I click the "step into" button on a line of advised code it steps into
AspectJ code, not my advice code, and it complains about not finding the
AspectJ source.  How can I step into my advice code?

This should work.  The AJDT people know that you can't set breakpoints in
aspects, but you should be able to set them in classes and step into advice.
You might need -XnoInline -- from the README-11.html:

   [T]he -XnoInline flag will tell the compiler to generate code
   without inlining that should work correctly with any Java debugger.
   For code generated with inlining enabled, more third-party debuggers
   are starting to work according to JSR 45, "Debugging support for
   other languages," which is supported by AspectJ 1.0. We aim to
   support JSR-45 in AspectJ 1.1, but support will not be in the
   initial release. Consider using the -XnoInline flag until support
   is available.

   http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/README-11.html#tools

If it is stepping into AspectJ runtime code, then you might need to
just step through it blindly or set up a debug step filter to
ignore org.aspectj.lang..* classes.

(How to debug AspectJ programs would be a good entry in the faq
or devguide.)

Let everyone know if you get it working.

Thanks -
Wes

Back to the top