Re: [aspectj-users] ajdoc for 1.1

Hi everyone,

Below is the information that I forwarded onto the AspectJ dev mailing list. The same goes basically for everyone, I am trying to capture the key requirements for this type of tool and would welcome input from anyone.

Required Features (Wishlist)

JavaDoc format documentation with tracing through from aspect declrations to the specific areas of code that are advised.
Integration with other JavaDoc documentation for seamless browsing of OO and AO documentation.
Possible generation of XML format documentation for other static structure clients, with optional XSLT to standard HMTL JavaDoc documentation.

Technical Architecture

Base the tool on hacking the existing ajdoc tool.
Base the tool on an upgrade to XDoclet.
Base the tool on JavaDoc hover technologies currently available in Eclipse.

Not much to go on at the moment. I am currently busy looking at the sources that are available but I haven't unfortunately had much time to come to any real conclusions.

So, over to the open forum - anyone got comments and more feedback on what we should do about an ajdoc-like tool? Does anyone have any code that does something like what we may be looking for (within the existing architectural ideas I noted above or something else completely different).

Cheers,

Russ