Re: [aspectj-users] Yet another newbie

Hi Brad,
I'm guessing what you're seeing is the following:

The yellow warnings are probably eclipse complaining about unused imports in the files - this can happen on aspect files because the eclipse eager parser doesn't understand AspectJ source and so is not able to detect that the import really is used within the file. You can turn these warnings off in the project compiler settings. We will be providing our own eager parser in a future release (not so far away I hope) that will resolve this issue.

The red alerts appearing in your file are probably the 'early error indication annotations' that eclipse JDT has enabled by default (causing e.g. the aspect keyword to be underlined). We explain how to turn these off in the release notes and welcome page (I know, I know, no-one reads the doc!). We plan to address this in two ways - in the imminent dot release we will automate the post-install instructions so that there is no longer a need to do this by hand. In the same future release as I mentioned above, providing our own eager parser should resolve the situation completely.

Both are harmless in this case, but it will be nice when we fix it so that you don't see them at all....

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Brad Cox, Ph.D." <bcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx