Re: [aspectj-users] compile question

> This is not possible.  AspectJ won't recompile classes unless they change
> or an aspect that crosscuts them changes.  When this happens, it starts
> over, producing new .class files rather than patching existing ones.

That's right, but incremental compilation is different from reweaving.

Right now we've imposed a limitation that .class files can only be woven once,
so you can't weave in an aspect and then reweave it or any others.

But if you *want* an aspect to apply twice, you could make it abstract
and have two concrete subaspects, and weave them both in one go.

Is there a concern that drove this question?  Did that answer it?

Wes

Volkmann, Mark wrote:

Is it possible to apply an aspect multiple times to the same .class file
and have the advice code run multiple times?

I think I know the answer, but I want to make sure.  I'm guessing the answer
is this.

This is not possible.  AspectJ won't recompile classes unless they change
or an aspect that crosscuts them changes.  When this happens, it starts
over, producing new .class files rather than patching existing ones.

Correct?

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.