[aspectj-users] Is this possible with AOP/AspectJ?

Hi,

I'm new to AOP and want to find out if AOP is powerful enough to help me with
my problem.

We want to do performance measurements with ejb's. We have a framework with ~
1000 Clients where each of the clients have a unique id.

My problem is the results have to have these ids included. The problem occurs
at stateless session beans. A inforation for the bean has to be in parameters
(the new id as well). Therefore AOP should be able to expand each function
call  with an extra parameter and even beans which were called within this new
bean have to use this parameter for all this functions.
Can AOP expand (change the method signature) EJB's at all? (and the
descriptors which are in xml) ?

Is this possilbe with AOP / AspectJ ?

I was thinking of another solution where the client creates a statefull
session bean that collects the data. But here I have the problem that the bean
that should do the measurements (the points are weaved which AOP) only has the
same client and I don't know if it is somehow possible to find the right
statefull session bean.

Any help (ideas) how this could be done would be great.

Thanks,
Michael Dempfle

Back to the top