RE: [aspectj-users] What is "Got chah"?

If you have to be too careful to avoid this sort of mistake then the tools
aren't doing their job.

Currently if your task list is full of error messages, some of which are
produced by declare error/warning, there is no way pick those out.  But
they're a different kind of message since they're about user-defined
enforcement.  One example of the difference is the fact that you may want to
fix all of your compiler errors before worrying about the declare error
messages.

I propose that in the IDE task list we make declare error/warning messages
show up with the same icon as their corresponding declare member rather than
with the standard error/warning icon.  When we do the upcoming icon revamp
those icons will be based on the error/warning icons.  So it will still be
obvious that they indicate errors and warnings.  When the messages are
formatted for the command line we can prepend some text, e.g. "from declare
warning: <message>".

Mik

--
http://kerstens.org/mik