[aspectj-users] question on static crosscutting and TypePatterns

I posted a version of this query to the aspectj-dev list and was directed to the users list as a more appropriate place...

I have the following two problems/goals:

1) Write an aspect that would add a default constructor to any class that does not have one. 2) Write an aspect that applies an interface Iface (public interface Iface { public String getValue(); }) to any class with a String getValue() method.

Essentially, I'm looking for a way to parameterize the TypePattern in "declare parents". Am I missing something, or is this not possible in AspectJ?

Thanks in advance.

   -- Paul

Back to the top