Re: [aspectj-users] handler designator

The handler pointcut picks out not throw statements but exception handlers (catch statements) in the code the compiler controls. Be sure that the exception type name is spelled correctly. If it doesn't work, please submit a test case as a bug.

Wes

Volkmann, Mark wrote:
I'm just starting to work with AspectJ.  Most things I have tried have been
easy to get working, but I can't get the handler designator to work.  Here's
what I'm attempting.  IllegalTransactionException is my own custom
exception.

pointcut handle(IllegalTransactionException e):
    handler(IllegalTransactionException) && args(e);

before(IllegalTransactionException e): handle(e) {
    System.out.println("*** EXCEPTION *** " + e.getMessage());

When I run my application, the exception is thrown, but the code in my
before advice never runs.
Can someone offer some quesses as to what I might be doing wrong?

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.