RE: [aspectj-users] ajc DOC

Pengcheng Wu wrote:
> I am just wondering whether there is a plan to make aspectj compiler's
> implementation documentation available in the future, or it has already
> been publicly available somewhere. Any information is appreciated.

There is no implementation documentation to make public for the aspectj compiler.  The source code is reasonably clear and available from cvs.  I'd recommend starting with the weaver project.  The code would benefit a LOT from both a simple introductory overview of the structure and a few more detailed documents about tricky areas like the specific bytecode transformations used to implement the different kinds of advice on the different kinds of join points.

Erik Hilsdale and I have plans to write those documents but haven't yet found the time.  As soon as such documentation is written we'll be sure to share it with this list.  If someone is going through the sources for their own understanding, they might be able to create a first pass at documentation for others to edit.

-Jim

Back to the top