Re: [aspectj-users] Abstract Aspect

Putting logging.jar in classpath won't do the weaving
(not yet anyway; just-in-time weaving may change this).

I am assuming that you are using AspectJ1.1.
Currently, you need to compile your application with ajc
and supply logging.jar in -aspectpath option. Something like:

> ajc *.java -aspectpath logging.jar

If you application is already compiled into a jar file,
you need to use -injars option. The following
command will result into creation of woven class files:

> ajc -injars app.jar -aspectpath logging.jar

You may also create a log-enabled application jar file using -outjar
option. The following command will result
in loggedApp.jar containing the woven class files.

> ajc -injars app.jar -aspectpath logging.jar -outjar loggedApp.jar

Hope this helps.

-Ramnivas