[aspectj-users] FW: java world finalists

Title: Message
I shortened this for easier reading, the full article is at: http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2003/jw-0509-finalists.html

I think this speaks to the work of the whole community working with AspectJ, so I think this is something we can all be happy about.

Finalists announced for JavaWorld Editors' Choice Awards

Which Java tools and technologies lead the pack?

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version | Send this article to a friendMail this to a friend

May 9, 2003 - JavaWorld proudly announces the finalists for its 2003 JavaWorld Editors' Choice Awards. Established in 1997, the awards recognize innovative companies, organizations, and individuals for their commitment to developing new Java tools and technologies. Finalists were chosen from more than 150 products and technologies nominated by vendors and JavaWorld readers, editors, and writers.

JavaWorld's panel of judges-consisting of JavaWorld editors and contributors-participated in several rounds of voting to determine which products or technologies most deserve finalist status. In choosing the finalists, the judges carefully weighed each product or technology on the basis of its features and functions, as well as its impact in advancing Java as a language and/or platform. Eligible products or technologies must have shipped on or before April 1, 2003.

Please note that finalists are listed in alphabetical order per category. One winner will be named in each category on June 9, 2003 to coincide with the JavaOne conference in San Francisco that week.

Here are the finalists:    [this is the part I shortened]

  • Best Java Data Access Tool
  • Best Java IDE
  • Best Java Performance Monitoring/Testing Tool
  • Best Java Application Server
  • Best Java Device Application Development Tool
  • Best Java-XML Tool
  • Best Java Installation Tool
  • Best Java Book
  • Most Useful Java Community-Developed Technology
  • Most Innovative Java Product or Technology

Back to the top