Re: [aspectj-users] Problems with AspectJ-Ant

Modify your ant.bat file.  Use the -Xms.... (I forget the exact syntax) parameter.

Du Mason <masondu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile an average-size application (around 600 classes) using
AspectJ compiler. It should be pretty straight forward since ajc should be
able to build regular java projects easily. However i'm always experiencing
OutOfMemory problems with the ajc ant task.

This is what i have in the build.xml:
maxmemory="256M">
this is the error message i get everytime:
[ajc] The compiler ran out of memory while trying to compile your
system.
[ajc] By default, only 64MB are available to ajc. You can increase
[ajc] this amount by editing the ajc launch script to pass -Xmx128M or
[ajc] some larger amount of memory to the JVM used to run ajc.
[ajc] More information about this issue can be found in the FAQ at
[ajc] http://aspectj.org/faq by searching for "OutOfMemoryError".
I tried changing the maxmemory to 512M, 128M, 64M, the compiler stops at
exactly the same point(after parsing about 100 files or so).
I'm running the ant task using a command prompt on WINNT, would that cost
any problems?
Thanks everyone!

Mason