RE: [aspectj-users] Null static part of the thisJoinPoint

Mohamed Mansour wrote:
> I am getting a NullPointerException in my advice code. the thisJoinPoint
> is not null, a call to thisJoinPoint.getStaticPart() returns null.
<snip>
This is clearly a bug and should be submitted to the bug database, preferably with a self-contained minimal test case that can reproduce it.  Also, be sure to indicate which version of ajc you're running when you see this bug.

The bug has to do with a situation where code in a class can run before that class's static initializer has completed.  We've designed the JoinPoint.StaticPart object initialization code so that it is robust to most such issues, but we've apparently missed a case.

-Jim

Back to the top