RE: [aspectj-users] Drawbacks of AOP

> I second this opinion.  They way I see it AOP is extremely
> complimentary
> to OOP.  AOP can be used to make your objects way cleaner and more
> reusable.  Although maybe I just don't grok what "pure AOP"
> even means...

Neither do I, but I'm just brainstorming ;)

Ok, I'll give it a shot. I guess a pure AOP language is the one that tries
to overcome fallacies of OOP. Inheritance is sometimes overrated. Have you
tried the Hirarchical View of Visual Age? For a class that has inherited so
much things, if you try to view all its inherited methods you get lost, and
if you try to view only his methods you don't get the full picture. The
feature that is supposed to help you ends up confusing you. Also overriding
sometimes confuses the programmer.

Now with a feature like AOP's Introduction I can separate my concerns
better. I determine exactly which class I put which methods into. In a pure
AOP language you might even be able to determine that the methods introduced
should only be introduced to a parent class but not his children (while
still accessible from outside), so we can overcome the behavior-bulking
problem of inheritance.