[aspectj-users] Can AOP really solve the "logging problem"?

I have seen references to the hypothesis that AOP in general, and AspectJ in particular, can separate out the concern of *logging* (not tracing) in large systems. In fact, an excellent Xerox PARC presentation referenced Tomcat's extremely messy logging as a target for AOP.

But I have yet to find a detailed treatment of how logging could be cleanly separated with AOP or AspectJ. Does anyone have any concrete references?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
John

Back to the top