Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] ask for compiling examples - sorry if duplicated

I had similar problems just 2 weeks ago.
There may be two things to check or to do:
1. check if your java-classpath is correct,
2. your AspectJ-project needs absolute paths (NOT relative paths) in the
properties.
Hope that may help,
Silvia

Ha Nguyen wrote:
> Thanks. I can open the example package now. However, I have another
> problem. I use Eclipse 2.0.2 with aspectj 1.0.6. I create a new aspectj
> project and add 2 files in the introduction package (Point.java and
> ComparablePoint.java) to test my first aspectj project. I already added
> the aspectjrt.jar to the lib and made configurations as instructed.
> Unfortunately, it cannot run. This is the compiler error:

> java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

> For the reason that I am completely new to aspectj and eclipse, it's
> really difficult for me to find out the problem. Anybody has experienced
> this problem, please help me.
>
> MHoang.

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

Silvia Breu   breu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+49 851 509-3095     http://www.infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/breu/