[aspectj-users] Test-Driven Development and Aspect Oriented Programming

Greetings,

I'm looking for some pointers on using Test-Driven Development
and AspectJ.  I've only recently started studying AOP.

I would basically like to be able to TDD Aspects, however, I have some questions: Since Aspects cannot be instantiated, the only part of a given aspect that can
be tested, by Junit, would be the aspect's static members. Is this correct?

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to TDD the definition of a pointcut.
For example, to be able to test that the given point cut definition includes
certain execution points and excludes certain other execution points using
JUnit's TestCases.

It would be great if anybody could point me to some resources answering these kinds of questions.

Thanks,
Stephen Bodnar