Re: [aspectj-users] More AjBrowser failure WAS: writing an aspect to check for Swing Thread Safety

Hi Nick,
Yes, please submit - I'm a Mac OSX user at home too :). Since the Eclipse
OSX downloads are in the 2.1 stream, I'll take a look at this as soon as we
move AJDT onto a 2.1 base.  (And I'm going to post an AJDT FAQ about our
plans for doing that - a popular question of late!).

-- Adrian.
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Lesiecki Nicholas
                      <ndlesiecki@xxxxxxxx        To:       aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      m>                          cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  [aspectj-users] More AjBrowser failure WAS: writing an aspect to
                      aspectj-users-admin@         check for Swing Thread Safety
                      eclipse.org

                      01/08/2003 06:34 PM
                      Please respond to
                      aspectj-users

> You can also use the IDE's (Ajbrowser, et al) to see
> what code is affected by particular advice (once
> they are working with 1.1?  No response to Nick's
> question on point yet).

As a further note, the AJDT for Eclipse under WinXP also exhibits the
problem behavior. (Compiles seem to succeed but crosscutting structure not
displayed). Running the affected classes when built with the AJDT shows no
evidence of weaving (i.e. aspects have no effect). Compiling manually with
ajc works.

(AJDT on OSX suffers from what I like to term "total existence
failure"--not surprising since I have to run a milestone of eclipse 2.1.
The AJDT *does* warn against using versions as newer than 2.0.0.)

I'd like to submit this as a bug but the problem seems so large that I have
difficulty believing that there isn't something I'm missing. Shall I submit
anyway?

cheers,

Nick